Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Final Blogger Assessment - English 1B

This is my blog with the best voice.
http://cooperjosephblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-best-part-about-my-book-infinite.html#comment-form


One example of a sentence that demonstrates my writer’s voice is when I say “It won't do it literally of course. If a book did that, then the author would be covered in lawsuits”. This sentence talks about how earlier I said “…a massive battle will just jump right out at you”. This demonstrates my voice because I include some humor which can help you hear my voice more easily. Another phrase that demonstrates my writer’s voice is “…shows some of my favorite heroes”. This demonstrates my voice because I’m talking about my favorite heroes and you can hear my voice.


In my blog post, I have purposefully included informal diction. One example of informal diction is “Also, the action sequences aren't like the ones that you saw on TV as a kid”. This is informal diction because it talks directly to you so it feels like a normal conversation. I included this in order to better connect with the reader. A syntax technique that I include in my blog post is that I ask questions. An example of one that I ask is, “What about your book?” I include this in my post so that I can talk to the reader and make him/her able to interact with me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment