Monday, September 9, 2013

 My book is called Eragon. In the prologue of my book, it showed a chase scene between a character known as Shade and three elves. Two of the elves are killed, but one is able to escape Shade. Much later, a character named Eragon is hunting in a place called The Spine. He stumbles across a mysterious stone, which he uses for money. I predict that in the story, the stone will turn out to be a dragon egg. I can draw this prediction from my background knowledge of the book. Also, the butcher named Sloan seems to fear the stone/egg. Why does he fear this egg? This is similar to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone because they also find a mysterious stone. This stone, however is very different. This reminded me of the time I found a cool fossil while I was at Caesar's Creek. This also reminds me of how people used to fear other people of different origin, just like how the butcher feared the stone, as it was a foreign object.

5 comments:

  1. I like the connections u made from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds so interesting! It seems kind of mysterious in the beginning with the elves and Shade. The stone seems pretty cool too, and I loved how you connected it to so many different books/movies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book already...it's a really good read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eragon series! i was never able to finish that series because i didn't have all the books. But the part of the series i read was really good. My favorite character so far is Solumbum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice thinking of showing a cover to show a visual example

    ReplyDelete