Sunday, February 2, 2014

Real Life Issues (Infinite Crisis)

One of the real life issues that is apparent in Infinite Crisis is one that happens inside of us. The issue is that whenever we do something that is preposterous, antagonizing, or embarrassing, we as humans have a tendency to dwell in the past. For example, maybe you released feelings of anger in public and then you regret the decision thinking something like "No, I didn't mean to do that! I'm not a bad person! I wish I could go back and change what happened!"

In events prior to Infinite Crisis, Wonder Woman had to kill a man because he was controlling Superman's mind. The man was manipulating Superman into becoming a killer. Wonder Woman regretted the time that she had to kill him. It would always bother her and haunt her in days to come. Later in the story, however, Wonder Woman learns that you must not focus on what has already happened, but what lies ahead. Greg Cox, the author of this book, is saying that you should not dwell in the past.

3 comments:

  1. I fully agree with what you are saying about dwelling in the past, I also agree that many people tend to do that! That was a great connection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely relate to what you said about going back and changing things...i loved the way you make connections...also you have an amazing application of voice in your blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the real life issue you found in your book. It definitely applies to real life; I have had situations where I did something that I later regretted and wished that I had done differently.

    ReplyDelete